Thursday, April 17, 2014


I have been extremely excited to share this one!!!  Ahhh!  I really can not believe how cute this poncho is!!!  I am totally in love.   I just can not believe that I made it.  Yes, if you have read my blog in the past few days; here I am testing again.  And again for the new pattern company Willow & Co.  I had the chance to test four of the patterns that will be released this upcoming Tuesday.  This is my third blog post of the four I will be posting. Two of the patterns were created by Celina of Petit a Patit & Family.  This Poncho included.

The Elm Poncho has a few options as you can see in the photo bellow.   I choose fully lined, patch pockets and visor hood.

Can you see my inspiration?  It was the lining fabric.  You can find it here.  I bought the fabric awhile back and felt the super girls were a little large of a print for Mila so its just been sitting on my shelf.  The outer fabric is pleather from Joann Fabrics. I was so nervous to sew with the pleather.  Turns out it was so easy and kinda nice to skip all that ironing!  I just top stitched everything and used a walking foot.   


A raincoat is what I decided to create!


And not just any raincoat, a SUPER MILA raincoat


The raincoat has been sitting in my living room all week just because I like to look at it : ).
I made the emblem with a these letters.  

Funny to say, but we got lucky and it rained!

Mila stayed dry.

Ready for a bunch more photos : )






Thanks for viewing!!!


Star buttons and yellow snaps were also from Joann fabrics.









5 comments:

  1. She looks absolutely adorable in tje poncho

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!!!!! I love it! I run a little blog series called Sew Geeky and i'd love it if you would add it to our Flickr Pool! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! It's been added. I have a few Star Wars/super hero fans in this house. I may have to sew along a little more : ) what a fun series!

      Delete