Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ballon Top test for Heidi & Finn



It's available! Fine the pattern here at
https://www.etsy.com/listing/186315257/new-ballon-top-pattern-and-tutorial-12m
If you have read my blog before or look back through my posts you would certainly notice I am a big fan of Heidi & Finn Patterns.  It may have started way back before I had a daughter with my very first PDF pattern purchase, the Perfect Party Dress.  I made the dress for a friends daughter and it was a big hit!  The pattern was sweet, simple, and absolutely beautiful.  I was an immediate fan.  Now days I own just about every Heidi & Finn pattern avaiable.  Christine's patterns never disappoint, and anyone can sew them up.  They are that easy!

This pattern is called the Ballon Top.  It is available in sizes 12m-5 years.  The top is knit with a sheer or very light fabric overlay.  


This pattern will be avaiable later today April 15, or tomorrow in Christins Etsy shop

Be ready for a photo overload because I took a bunch!!!  I may have to add a few more once I have time : )


 I used cotton organic voile you can find here.  The pattern suggest using chiffon, silk, tissue knit or Voile for the overlay.  If using some of the much lighter fabrics you can double up the overlay. 








Taking pictures on a day like this day was a little difficult.  It was crazy windy!  But at least it was warm.  That has not been happening very often around here.

You can not really tell from my photos but the back is slightly longer on the overlay, kinda the "high-low" look if that is the correct term : ).






 I plan to make a bunch once my sewing room gets cleaned up from all this testing I have been doing 

Thanks for viewing!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment