Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Phresh Blazer by Winter Wear Designs

 Now really you see this huge photo bellow and you think.  Oh this is a pattern review.  Well you would kind of be correct.  It is a pattern
review, but it is also a little more.  A few weeks back I ran across an add of sorts, this add was for a position as a new contributors at one of my fav blogs Pattern Revolution.  Of course I applied, and wowza and Whoo Hooo I made it to the callbacks.  Callback's included some pretty amazing talented laddies!!!  I could not even believe it!!!  But here I am sharing this post.  This is the post "my try out post" This post is like if I had been a singer and on American Idol.  This would be the song I sang on that very last episode to go for the win. Did I make it?  Check out my try out bellow-


Hello Everyone!!!  I am Kim and I blog over at Kimmie Sew Crazy.  I am a mommy to three handsome boys and one pretty little lady : ).  I adore sewing pretty much everything but I would have to say little girl outfits are my very most favorite.





So, Pattern Revolution has requested that I review the new Phresh Blazer PDF pattern by Winter Wear Designs.   If you have ever read my blog before you would know that I do allot of pattern testing (which I love to do) but the idea of just reviewing an already perfect pattern that would not need tweaking sounded absolutely just a little more fun : ).  To top it all off the pattern is the Phresh Blazer...one of the top on my list of patterns that I was already drooling over in the Bundle Up Sale.  Yes, they are all drool worthy but I had two very favs, and the fresh blazer was one of them.  Now I must be honest, I kinda wished it had a larger collar.  Like a men's suit collar. But in reviewing a pattern we do not want to make many changes.  So I stuck with the original as is pattern.  I must say I am soooo glad I was not allowed to add that collar in my mind,  I love how this tuned out.  I also love that little collar as is!


OK, So you know pretty much already that I love the pattern.  I think it has a grown up look that I really like on Mila.  I also love how the blazer is fitted and fitted perfectly on her little body.  I made the most basic of the options available with the pattern.  Not because I did not want the ruffles but because I used a pair of my pants as fabric. There just was not enough to add the cute ruffles to the back.

As far as difficulty, I would would have to say this pattern is for beginners.  There are many steps, and you MUST take it slow and read through the steps but it's pretty much just sewing straight lines.  The most difficult part of the whole pattern would be adding a button hole.  Do not be afraid of those button holes.  You can do it! : )  Alright, and I was kinda a wimp and went with a snap.  Snaps are always and option too.  I just happen to love the look on snaps lately : ).   The pattern includes a some use of single and double fold bias tape.  Which you can make or buy pre-made.  This is a great pattern for learning how and when to use bias tape.  I think I may never hem a sleeve again after this pattern : ).  I love how the bias taped looks!  This blazer was a pretty quick sew.  I have a hard time giving a accurate time frame (the whole mother of 4 thing) but I would guess it would take and hour and a half, maybe two hours for those out there who have uninterrupted sewing time : ). All together my thoughts are "loved it" I will make her one or two in every size as Mila grows.  You can dress the blazer up or down depending on fabrics.  My next will be in a dark stretch denim.  I am thinking that would be adorable with hot pink Capri's.  : )

I DID, I DID!!!  I am in : )  And I can't wait to start some reviewing : )

3 comments:

  1. Kim! Congratulations! You deserve this!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Sharing.

    Crazybeta is one of the best place to shop Winter Wear for Women at pocket smoothing price.

    Shop Now:- https://www.crazybeta.com/women/highlights/winter-wear

    ReplyDelete